Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Where is our Miltiades?

If you don't know who that is, look it up!!

One of the great things about a Columbia education is that you read most of the great works of western civilization.

I was in college, during the dark days of the Reagan Presidency.

My Contemporary Civilization Professor, was a Professor of European Intellectual History (one of the other great things about Columbia College is that full professors taught even the smallest of classes).

He used to scream at us, about the current administration (Reagan's):
Do you think any of these guys have read any of this? Do you think they have ever asked themselves these questions?

Well, when you understand who Miltiades is, you will understand why I posed that question above.

I have my ideas, but it is looking grim...

No comments: